Spanish 2 immerses students in the Spanish language and the cultural aspects of Spanish-speaking countries. Students build on what they learned in Spanish 1, with a study of Spanish grammar and an emphasis on increasing their skills in listening, writing, reading, and speaking in Spanish. At the end of this course, in addition to improving their Spanish language skills, students have a knowledge of and appreciation for the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries, including the events and people that have impacted the language.
- Rooms in a house
- Locations of items
- Household chores
- Daily routines
- Modes of transportation
- Planning a trip
- At the airport
- Present perfect tense Body parts
- How you feel
- Healthy living
- Giving advice
- At the beach
- Going to the mountains
- Amusement parks
- Art museums
- School-related activities
- Making comparisons of equality
- Comparisons of inequality
- Ser versus estar
- Ask and state the locations of places in relation to other places, and describe what people like to do at different locations.
- Describe school classes and items.
- Review participles and the present perfect tense. Course Goals
- Identify and list fruits, vegetables, proteins, meat, seafood, legumes, carbohydrates, sweets, dairy products, snacks, and drinks.
- Express opinions and tastes about food.
- Ask for clothing and sizes, and remark on how items fit.