Spanish 2 immerses students in the Spanish language and the cultural aspects of Spanish-speaking countries. Students build on what they learned in Spanish 1, with a study of Spanish grammar and an emphasis on increasing their skills in listening, writing, reading, and speaking in Spanish. At the end of this course, in addition to improving their Spanish language skills, students have a knowledge of and appreciation for the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries, including the events and people that have impacted the language.
- Preterite tense indicator words
- Regular -ar, -er, and -ir preterite forms
- Irregular preterite verbs
- Stem-changing verbs in the preterite tense
- Regular -ar, -er, and -ir imperfect forms
- Irregular imperfect verbs: ser, ir, and ver Relationships
- Describing relationships by using adjectives
- Saber and conocer
- Por and para
- Professions and careers
- Future tense with -ar, -er, and -ir verbs
- Environmental problems, issues, and solutions
- Nosotros commands
- Retell a story about an event that happened in the past.
- Deduce which past tense is more appropriate to use based on the context of the sentence.
- Describe how you were as a child. Prepare for a job interview.
- Examine environmental problems and solutions.
- Investigate and analyze holidays and celebrations observed in Spanish-speaking countries.