World Geography explores the world’s geographical divisions and the differences between Earth and the other planets in the solar system. In addition to Earth’s geographical features, the course explores how the cultural divides between countries impacts international relations. Through the study of geography, students analyze energy usage and explore ways to make the most of the planet without abusing its resources. The study of world geography through historical, cultural, physical, and economic lenses offers students a different perspective and understanding of the world.
- Time zones
- Earth in the solar system
- Religion and language
- North America Central America
- South America
- Analyze geological properties of Earth.
- Examine the interactions of Earth’s systems and cycles.
- Explain the causes and effects of environmental change, including resource use.
- Explore the human and physical geographical features of North America. Explore the human and physical geographical features of Central America and South America.
- Analyze the human and physical geographical features of Europe.
- Examine the human and physical geographical features of Russia.