This course introduces students to the evolving industry of construction! In addition to building on standard concepts such as technical skills, project planning, and regulations, students will learn about the variety of career possibilities within construction. They will also explore the entrepreneurial side of construction and discover what it takes to start and run your own business in this field. Finally, the course will look towards the future and analyze trends in green materials, energy efficiency, and technology to determine how these will impact the homes we build and live in.
- Introduction to Home Construction
- Academic Foundations for Careers in Construction
- Technical Skills in Home Construction
- Project Planning in Home Construction
- Safety and Health in Home Construction
- Contracts and Regulations in Home Construction
- Careers in Home Construction
- Owning a Construction Business
- Green Construction
- The Future of Home Construction
EdisonLearning eCourses® are structured in a consistent, research-based format utilizing multiple pedagogical concepts such as Understanding by Design, Growth Mindset, and Video and Project-based learning. Through the use of these pedagogical concepts, our career preparatory elective courses maintain a consistent and engaging course structure that supports student-centered learning.