World Geography explores the world’s geographical divisions and the differences between Earth and the other planets in the solar system. In addition to Earth’s geographical features, the course explores how the cultural divides between countries impacts international relations. Through the study of geography, students analyze energy usage and explore ways to make the most of the planet without abusing its resources. The study of world geography through historical, cultural, physical, and economic lenses offers students a different perspective and understanding of the world.
- Uses of geography
- Earth’s position in the solar system
- Wind and sunlight
- North America
- Central America
- South America
- Geography of Europe
- Geography of Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean
- Geography of Southwest Asia
- Geography of Central Asia
- Geography of China
- Analyze geological properties of Earth.
- Explore the human and physical geographical features of North America.
- Analyze the human and physical geographical features of Central America and South America. Analyze the human and physical geographical features of Europe.
- Explore the human and physical geographical features of China.
- Examine the human and physical geographical features of Asia.